Long ago (1988) I moved to Berkeley and started sending a monthly "newsletter" to my Boston friends. When I returned to Boston (1993), I continued the tradition for about five more years (or until I had kids). Looking back, I realize that I was actually blogging. Each newsletter contained anywhere from a few to several blog posts. Having been silent for the past decade or so, I've decided to resume these activities. Don't expect anything profound -- I tend to focus on what I find entertaining or amusing and perhaps sometimes informative. We shall see!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Week 4: Slow and Steady

It's pretty clear that there is less big news to report this week, but progress continues. It seems that the major milestones this week have been:
  • Walking without the cane pretty much all the time except for long walks.
  • Long walks are approaching 2.5 miles (with the uphills and downhills of Tower Road).
  • The last day of week four I did about 3/4 of the walk carrying the cane as opposed to using the cane.
  • I can regularly hit 10,000 steps and have hit a max of 13,000.
  • PT is feeling more like a workout -- it's all about rebuilding muscle strength.
I'm thinking that there will be only two more posts in this series, as the beginning of week six will bring me to my post-surgical appointment, and I expect to be pretty much fully functional. And anyway, I will need to start on my next blog series: flipping a classroom of 150 students!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you that all is going well with your recovery. And I'm looking forward to your blog series on flipping a large classroom. I really enjoyed your previous blog postings on flipping, and at that time I was still working for industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Assignment help from the expert. MIS Assignment help,just question answer is one of the best online homework market place, where you can tutor for any subject


    ReplyDelete