- Walking without the cane pretty much all the time except for long walks.
- Long walks are approaching 2.5 miles (with the uphills and downhills of Tower Road).
- The last day of week four I did about 3/4 of the walk carrying the cane as opposed to using the cane.
- I can regularly hit 10,000 steps and have hit a max of 13,000.
- PT is feeling more like a workout -- it's all about rebuilding muscle strength.
Long ago (1988) I moved to Berkeley and started sending a monthly "newsletter" to my Boston friends. When I returned to Boston (1993), I continued the tradition for about five more years (or until I had kids). Looking back, I realize that I was actually blogging. Each newsletter contained anywhere from a few to several blog posts. Having been silent for the past decade or so, I've decided to resume these activities. Don't expect anything profound -- I tend to focus on what I find entertaining or amusing and perhaps sometimes informative. We shall see!
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Week 4: Slow and Steady
It's pretty clear that there is less big news to report this week, but progress continues. It seems that the major milestones this week have been: