- Wednesday: went for a walk in the woods. I wasn't up to climbing over felled trees (we had a hailstorm on Tuesday), but I was fine with the uneven ground and carried my cane, but didn't use it.
- Thursday: So, based upon the walk in the woods, I shed the cane!
- Friday: I hit the 3-mile mark on my walk.
- Saturday: I hit 13,000 steps.
- Monday: I upped my pace from Friday's 19 min/mile to 18 min/mile.
Long ago (1988) I moved to Berkeley and started sending a monthly "newsletter" to my Boston friends. When I returned to Boston (1993), I continued the tradition for about five more years (or until I had kids). Looking back, I realize that I was actually blogging. Each newsletter contained anywhere from a few to several blog posts. Having been silent for the past decade or so, I've decided to resume these activities. Don't expect anything profound -- I tend to focus on what I find entertaining or amusing and perhaps sometimes informative. We shall see!
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Week 5: Definitely wrapping up here
I take it as a good sign that there is less to report each week. Again, changes happen, but are not as dramatic. So, this week's milestones were: