Long ago (1988) I moved to Berkeley and started sending a monthly "newsletter" to my Boston friends. When I returned to Boston (1993), I continued the tradition for about five more years (or until I had kids). Looking back, I realize that I was actually blogging. Each newsletter contained anywhere from a few to several blog posts. Having been silent for the past decade or so, I've decided to resume these activities. Don't expect anything profound -- I tend to focus on what I find entertaining or amusing and perhaps sometimes informative. We shall see!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Me and Carli

Finally -- I actually got some info on Carli Lloyd's rehab. Why am I so obsessed? Because I broke my ankle the same day and while I don't claim to be in the same shape as Carli, I also don't expect to rehab any more quickly than she does. So, here is the article on what she's been up to.
And here is my comparison:










MeCarli
When InjuredApril 25April 25
Age (when injured)4828
Length in cast6 weeks2 weeks
Length in boot2 days2 weeks
Length on crutches6 weeks4 weeks
Day/week in PT25
OK'd to run,pivot,run,pick???~ July 10
On the field??????


I go to the orthopedist next week and my goal is to get an OK to run. Fingers crossed!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment